Monday, April 22, 2013

weekend festivities... texas style

Why is it that weekends always seem to move faster than weekdays?  I swear, I turned around and blinked and I was on a plane back to Louisville.  I guess that whole, "time flies when you're having fun" thing is really true.

I was scheduled to fly out of Louisville sometime around 6:00 on Thursday evening...

But one margarita and two hours later, I finally boarded my plane around 8:00pm...

Thankfully, Houston seemed to wait up for me:)

Friday night consisted of dinner-and-a-movie with my parents.  We went to the Alamo Draft House Cinema to see 42... the movie about baseball legend Jackie Robinson.  It was sooo good... I definitely recommend...

Saturday was spent doing a couple of photo shoots (the main purpose for my trip).  My first session was with a beautiful family, where this little guy seemed to steal the show...

The second photo shoot was a bridal portrait session for a wedding I am shooting in May.  I won't be sharing any sneak peeks on the blog until after the wedding day... but take my word for it, the bride was stunning...

Saturday night I joined my parents and my Nana & Pop for some live music at Wine Styles, an awesome local wine tasting bar.  The evening was filled with great wine and even better music...

The music was by singer/songwriter Lizi Bailey, and her husband Matthew Bailey.  They are an incredibly talented pair.  They have become family friends of ours and are seriously some of the most genuine people.  Head over to her website to check out her new album, Bells & Whistles.

Of course I couldn't leave Houston before sneaking at least one kolache.  I'm kicking myself for not just buying a dozen and bringing them home with me.

I was welcomed home with laundry and sunshine.  But thankfully I flew back early enough to be able to enjoy both:)

I'm glad to be back and thankful for such a wonderful weekend with family and friends.  What about you?  How was your weekend?

1 comment:

mleslie43 said...

Love this so much that I stole it and put it on Facebook! Especially for the Taylor's and the Bailey's! Was a great weekend Julia, thanks so much for spending it with us! I even loved being your photographer assistant!