Sunday, March 7, 2010

30 by 30





















Okay... let's not get ahead of ourselves... I don't turn the big 3-0 until 2011. And in no way am I trying to rush into my 30's... but I have come to realize that there are several things I want to accomplish before I enter that next phase of life. And I, my friends, am a list person... I make lists of lists. So I figured, hey, what better way to push me out of my comfort zone than to make a list of 30 things I want to do before I turn 30. Some of the things on my list are pretty easy, and will only take a little self-discipline to complete... Then I have a few other items on my list that will require some major planning and will definitely push me out of my comfort zone... which, quite frankly, is the point of "30 by 30."

By the time I, Julia Black, am 30 years old, I want to...

1. be a local tourist

2. see the Dave Mathews Band live in concert

3. make someone’s day anonymously

4. organize my old pictures

5. sleep under the stars

6. watch "Breakfast at Tiffany's" and "Casablanca"

7. edit and update my website

8. throw a themed party

9. photograph my first wedding

10. put in some volunteer hours

11. go to a Colts game

12. buy a pair of toms

13. get my second tattoo

14. workout consistently

15. pay off debt

16. take a class/workshop

17. read a classic

18. have a massive yard sale

19. put that yard sale money towards any open debt (see #15)

20. clean out the craft closet

21. bake cookies for my neighbors

22. take a hot air balloon ride

23. visit Chicago and/or Seattle

24. attend a book signing

25. find a beer that I like

26. support a young missionary

27. learn a new word, and actually use it

28. organize the contacts in my address book

29. check out all the Harry Potter hype

30. learn about my “family tree” and history

10 comments:

John Leslie, Jr. said...

hey...that's all great and stuff, but, as your dad i have to take exception to number 13.

black tag diaries said...

:) I knew it was a bad idea to let my parents read my blog...

Claire's Momma said...

Ah, got to love dads!
Jules - I am going to Seattle June 24th - interested in trying to scratch that off of your list soon???!?! ;)I will bring a dvd machine and we can watch both of your #6's in the hotel!
I LOVE your "buried life" list. My 30th is the 22nd of this month - CRAZYYY. If I do a list, it better be a short one!
MISS YOU

April said...

you can check off make someone else's day...forget the anonymously part. :) also, what classics have you read?

black tag diaries said...

C... I would LOVE to join you on your june seattle trip. I'm serious. Let's see if we can make this happen... really.
April... if you count cliff notes, I have read quite a few classics. But really I pretty much skipped my reading assignments growing up... any recommendations?

Courtney said...

I love your 30 list & cannot wait to post mine!

Demetrius and Amy said...

great list! you can do it! i agree with april...you make people's day all the time just by being you. can't hide from that:)

The Spiveys said...

Hey, check out kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com could be an awesome young missionary to support :)

mleslie43 said...

Ok, I am with your Dad on #13. Just because it is #13 you should probably throw it out anyway...lol.
I am just reading all of these for the first time so how do I find the list that you have actually already crossed some of these off???

Kristine@thefoleyfam said...

Great idea and awesome list! Thanks for the inspiration!