Thursday, March 11, 2010

thankful thursday

This Thursday I am thankful for:

1) The On-Star man. Mr. On-Star man helped fix my vehicle last night just out of the kindness of his heart. I don't even have On-Star. He stood in the rain for almost an hour reading my owner's manual and trying to jump my car. He didn't complain once, or even roll his eyes at me when I told him my car wouldn't start. Read post below for full story. I salute you Mr. On-Star man.

2) My twin nieces. I know I'm partial, but these two girls might be the absolute cutest things EVER. Jocelyn and Gabbie are celebrating their 2nd birthday this Saturday! I can't believe they are two already. It is so fun to see their little personalities and watch them interact with one another. Happy Birthday Jocelyn and Gabbie! We love you!

3) My parents. There is so much I am thankful for about my parents... but this Thursday, I am specifically thankful for their marriage. My parents have always provided a beautiful example of a healthy, loving marriage. I am so grateful for the love they showed me and my sister growing up... as well as the love and affection they always showed one another. This Saturday my parents will celebrate their 34th wedding anniversary! Keep it up Mom and Dad... I'm taking notes :)

3 comments:

Stacie Jean said...

Seriously, how cute are your parents? I love it. I am thankful for the exact same reaon for mine, they have been married almost 40 years and I find it to be such a source of inspiration in my quest of finding the "one". :)

Garretts said...

So cool! My parents will celebrate 37 years this summer and I'm thankful for that.

I've been meaning to start my own thankful Thursday, but keep missing it! Maybe next week...might have to employ pre-scheduled posts!

John Leslie, Jr. said...

julia....three things.

first, thank you for your kind words. it's not nearly as hard creating a great marriage when you have 2 wonderful kids to help out. gives us more time to devote to one another when we don't have to spend every waking minute trying to unravel unruly kids!

second, i think you should send a copy of your onstar blog post to general motors so they can use it in an onstar advertisement and pay you butt-loads of money and make you famous.

third, how did the onstar man manage to trump your parents for the number one slot?

love....dad