Monday, March 15, 2010

spring forward sucks.

That's right, I said it. It totally sucks. I know that some of you will use the popular argument, "It stays light so much later now, I love it!" However, I've decided that the people that use this argument are either, a) college students about to go on spring break, or b) people that don't have to be at work until 10am.

What it means for the rest of us... is that when the clock says 5:30am, your body is feeling 4:30am, which is too dang early. It means your morning commute to work is done in the dark. It means you need an extra shot of caffine to stay awake during your commute. It means you will stay up later (because it is light longer) and 5:30am will come all too early again. It's a vicious cycle.

4 comments:

April said...

come on julia. in about 3 weeks you'll change your mind. poor eli couldn't understand why we were trying to make him go to bed earlier. he finally conked out at 11:15.

Courtney said...

I totally agree. I want my hour of sleep back.

Claire's Momma said...

I HATE this time thing. I am ALWAYS asking Kevin what the "Real Time" is when I want to know the time. And no, I don't mean the time that is listed on the clock, I am talking about the time it was before that precious hour was STOLEN FROM ME. It haunts me like this until the next time we correct this epic mistake in the Fall. True story.

Claire's Momma said...

And, I decided that I want to move into your craft closet...just for a three day weekend.
;)