Thursday, May 24, 2012

thankful thursday {link up}

{Link up your own Thankful Thursday post below...}

This Thursday I am thankful for...

1) A 2-day work week.  Ummm.... yes, please.  I took Monday-Wednesday off this week for my whirlwind Houston trip... so today is technically my Monday... and my Thursday.  Can't beat that.  Especially with a holiday weekend right around the corner.  2 days on... 3 days off... sure!  Sign me up!

2) My sister.  It was so great to get some quality time with my sister this week... we moved furniture together... we rearranged bedrooms together... we shopped for rugs together... we used Dad's credit card together...  We.had.a.blast.  Just an FYI... it's way harder to move heavy furniture while laughing hysterically.  We were able to enjoy one last dinner together in Dallas before we both had to go our separate ways.  I feel spoiled... quality-sister-time... twice in one month!

3) Home sweet home.  As great as it was to see my parents and sister for 4 days straight (and great it definitely was)... it's still nice to come home to your own bed and your own routine... (and Little Cat was completely stoked to have me home:)  The older I get, the more I realize I am definitely a creature of habit... and habit is hard to come by when you're traveling every month.  But regardless... routine and rhythm (and my own bed) make me very happy.

I always love reading all of your Thankful Thursday link-ups each week... some make me laugh, some make me nod in agreement, and some just simply warm my heart.  Last week I about died when I read Esther's post from Lovingly Thrown Together.  Her thank you note to Hoarders (the show) about made me pee in my pants... mostly because it's so spot on.  I swear... I watch that show and immediately start making lists of closets that I need to clean out... pronto... for fear that I might now day be on the show.  Hilarious.  Thanks for linking up last week Esther!

What are you thankful for this week? Grab the Thankful Thursday button from the right sidebar and link up your own post below. Be sure to visit the other Thankful Thursday participants and share the love!!

Also linking up with:

4 comments:

The enchanted home said...

Great pic of you and your sister...nothing like a sister! And a 2 day work week sounds like perfection. Enjoy your holiday weekend!

Cami said...

Happy Thankful Thursday - thanks for the linkup and thanks for linking up!!

Lovely time with your sister it sounds like...yay!
Holidays at work = happy!! Woohoo! ENJOY :) I know you'll have a great time!
I also enjoyed Esther's post...made me smile reading it because of how true it is!

Have a beautiful day! ox

mleslie43 said...

Julia, was so fun having you here, even if you did kick me out of my own house most of the time! Great results to say the least!

No(dot dot)el said...

There really is nothing like sleeping in your own bed after you have been gone a while. Thanks again for hosting the link up.