Monday, June 28, 2010

book review...

I figured it was about time for another "inconsistant book review" ...from your very own inconsistant reader.

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets: So, I have finally finished reading Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. I know, I know, it took me absolutely forever. But I'm completely blaming this on the fact that I lost the book for over 2 weeks under the passenger seat of my car (don't ask). I really did enjoy it, and will definitely be reading the third Harry Potter sometime in the near future. In the meantime, I'm going to take a small break from Hogwarts.

Size 12 is Not Fat: This cute murder mystery book by Meg Cabot was my most recent audio listen. When I am at the library, I totally pick out my audio books based on the cover... I don't believe in that whole "don't-judge-a-book-by-it's-cover" crap. This book had a cute girlie cover, so I snatched it up. But I was completely shocked to discover it was actually a murder mystery... okay, a cute-girlie-murder-mystery, but none-the-less, I was very pleased with my selection. Audio books are best if they are simple and mindless, and this one was. So much, that I actually checked out the sequal 'Big Boned.'

Eclipse: I know, I know... I'm way behind on the whole Twilight mania. But I barely made it through 'New Moon' and I just had to give the whole saga a rest for a while. I feel like I'm ready to give it another chance now. My original goal was to finish the book before the movie came out... but seeing as how I just started the book yesterday and the movie comes out on Wednesday... that's probably not going to happen.

Redeeming Love: Okay, I have read this book a long time ago, and it is probably ranked as my #1 favorite book of all time. This Francine River's novel is the book I recommend to anyone and everyone. I recently encouraged two of my co-workers to give it a try, and they both absolutely loved it. This book quickly became the topic of some of our lunch conversations and I decided that it's probably about time that I re-read this favorite. And... if any of you have not read 'Redeeming Love' ... you must.

-------
As a side note... thanks to all who checked out the Black Tag Photography website. I realized today that I still have a few glitches to work out, so be sure to check back soon!

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Thank you for telling me about Redeeming Love. It is now one of my favorites, too.

Rhonda said...

I love Francine Rivers books! At one time I had read every one she had written...and I agee with you... Redeeming Love is my favorite!

Lindsey Brackett said...

We have such similar reading tastes! love meg cabot for mindless chick-lit. hogwarts gets better w/each book. #2 was my least fave but it's vital to the overall story. eclipse is my fave twilight, and redeeming love is incredible. did you read her mark of the lion series?