Saturday, January 1, 2011

delight :: 2011


Delight. That's my one little word for 2011. A simple word... with a big meaning.

de·light

n.

1. Great pleasure; joy.

2. Something that gives great pleasure or enjoyment.

v. de·light·ed, de·light·ing, de·lights

v.intr.

1. To take great pleasure or joy: delights in taking long walks.

2. To give great pleasure or joy: an old movie that still delights.

I'm using the verb portion of the definition... TO TAKE great pleasure or joy... TO GIVE great pleasure or joy...

I choose whether or not to delight in my circumstances. I make a conscious decision every day if I will delight in the things I do. And even more than that, when I am delighted, I can gladly share that delight with those around me. You can only share what you yourself possess.

Therefore... I give to you my one little word for 2011... delight.

Don't worry... I'm still a huge fan of New Year's Resolutions... and I definitely have a few. But they all center around this simple word. And I thought, maybe... just maybe, by choosing one little word for the year of 2011, this might help to keep me focused on those pesky little resolutions...

1 comment:

Lindsey Brackett said...

Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart...

lovely reminder, Julia.