Tuesday, June 25, 2013

antique love {mail sorter obsession}

My new office is in this little town in southern Indiana... It's a town that's full of fast food restaurants and about a gabillion antique stores.  No lie.  Lucky for me, I've never met an antique store I didn't like. So, I thought it might be fun to do a little treasure hunt post every now and again... you know, so I can show off my mad antique-hunting skills.  Here's treasure number one...

I'm kind of obsessed with this adorable little mail sorter.  I love everything about it... the yellowed labels... the size of the mail slots... and THAT COLOR.

Love.Love.Love.  

I also loved that I didn't have to do a single darn thing to it.  No painting, no crafting, no repairing... etc.  I found it in a little antique store by my office and I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it the moment I laid eyes on it.  So, in the car it went...

The little mail slots were the perfect size for all of my miscellaneous scrapbook supplies... stickers, washi tape, adhesive, ink pads, and all of those Project Life cards.  My new find sits perfectly on the end of my desk, and I was able to fill it up pretty quickly:)
I've thought about using some little vintage numbers to add some detail to each of the slots, but I'm in no rush.  For now I'm completely content with the yellowing labels that are already there:)   I love everything about this piece... so adorable, no??

Are you a fellow antique-lover?  Have you found any vintage treasures lately?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I'm not really an antique lover, but I am an organizer lover and I absolutely love this piece, and the color :)

mleslie43 said...

Love it! Cool and very useful!