Tuesday, October 1, 2013

embracing october {monthly goals}

It's freakin' October people.  October.  Fall is finally here... and this makes me very, very happy.   Here are my monthly goals for October...

learn // to say no.
I've never been very good at this.  I have some kind of weird social-phobia where I fear if I say "no" to something I will miss out on all kinds of super exciting things and all of my friends will have inside jokes without me.  I'm finally learning that that's okay and I need to say "no" more often.

list // my blessings.
I can be really quick to complain or focus on what I don't have or what I think I "need"... but this month I want to make a special effort to focus on all that I've already been given.  I have been blessed with so, so much... and I want to be listing those:)

limit // our spending.
This has been an on-going goal for a while now.  Because it's a good goal.  We are learning how to eat out less... pay down debt... save for adoption... and plan for the future.  I have a feeling this won't be the last time we'll be working on this goal:)

love // the process.
While I desperately want to be on the other side of the world holding my baby girl, I am trying to remember to love the process.  I want to cherish every email update and every new photo.  I want to remember how I felt when Lance and I looked at her first picture together... how I felt when we found out what she weighed... how I will feel when we meet her for the first time... and how I will feel when we finally bring her home.  I want to remember it all.

What about you?  What are you focusing on this month?
In case you're interested... or super bored at work... here are my previous monthly goals: JanuaryFebruaryMarchAprilMayJuneJulyAugust, and September.

3 comments:

Jo said...

I think focusing on all that we have is so important cause like you say we like to focus on all we don't have that we don't focus on what we do.

mleslie43 said...

Yes we will also try to focus on the process. Hard but doable along with prayer and thanksgiving! Thanks Julia, great post!!

Unknown said...

Great goals to have! We're making the goals of getting more on top of our budget and doing more intentional planning for after graduation. Life is changing fast! :) And I always need to work on being intentional about thankfulness. God has given me SO MUCH and I definitely need to focus more on what I have.

Jaimie Ramsey