Tuesday, November 2, 2010

top 2 tuesday

This week's Top 2 Tuesday is your top 2 favorite gifts you have received. My favorite gifts are from the favorite men in my life... my dad and my husband...

~~~
1) Just a couple of weeks ago, I received a fun little package in the mail from The Black Bow. I thought to myself, "I didn't order anything... what in the world could this be?"

What do you know? It's the sweetest sterling silver heart necklace I've ever seen. The necklace has a simple inscription on the back... "Daughter, always a part of my heart."

It's a "just because" gift from my dad. For absolutely no reason at all he mailed one of these necklaces to both me and my sister... simply to tell us he loves us and was thinking about us. I love a good "just because" gift... so thoughtful and unconditional.

~~~
2) It's funny... my favorite gifts from Lance are the simplest ones. I remember one year for our first Valentine's Day together he bought me a dozen long stemmed strawberries. Not roses... but strawberries. I loved it. It meant that he really liked me. You see, he had a strict "no flowers" policy, unless he really knew the girl was the one. So, those dozen long stemmed strawberries really meant so-much-more...

Lance also would win me one of those cheesy stuffed animals every time we passed one of those claw-pincher-games anywhere. Every stuffed animal seemed to represent a different time and period in our relationship. They were little reminders that I was being thought of... a little "just because" gift...

~~~

Head on over to Taylor's blog over at The Undomestic Momma so you can link up to Top 2 Tuesday and show us your top 2 favorite gifts!

6 comments:

star said...

That necklace is gorgeous!

Kristin said...

Love your answers!! That's so sweet!

I'm following you!

Kristin :)
Keenly Kristin

Kit said...

These are both great gifts. I love your necklace that your dad gave you. Dads are the best :)

Shari said...

I love the necklace! Also, check out my post from yesterday. I tagged you in it. :)

Unknown said...

Aww too cute! Love the necklace!

Claire's Momma said...

I am making Kevin read this to learn awesome daddy/daughter tips for his future with Claire! I love you!!!!