Monday, November 29, 2010

december daily {days 1-10}

I am hoping to inspire you to create your own December Daily album this year:) It really is sooo much fun... swear. Here's a quick glimpse into the first few pages of my 2009 December Daily album. I will try to site as many materials as I can, but seeing as most of this was put together almost a year ago... no promises.

{album} At first I was using a 1" red Kolo linen 8.5x11 album... and I loved it. But as I kept adding page after page, I noticed my book looked like it was bursting at the seams. So, I decided to upgrade to this fun 2" green album that I found among the photo books at Target (man, I love that store). I still want to add some type of embellishment to the front... any ideas?

{day 1} I started with a fun transparency page (Hambly) for the beginning of my album. It was a 12x12 that I trimmed down to the size of my album (8.5x11).

{day 1} Behind the transparency, I cut out the days from a December 2009 calendar that I found in a magazine. I used a "countdown to Christmas" cut-out that I adhered directly on top of the 25th of my calendar.

{day 2} I used a simple layout with some plaid scrapbooking paper, a little bit of ribbon, and some rub-on sayings to describe a fun night out with old friends. I also had a chipboard cut-out that worked perfectly for a small square photo. I love the snowflake transparency that fits over the cut-out.

{day 3} The left side is a photo of a gift that I cut out of a magazine (loved the red & white color combo), and on the right side I included half a page of journaling (my thoughts on a "simple Christmas"). This was all adhered to the back of a fun green file folder (Target). I still want to add a little something to the back side of that chipboard cut-out.

{day 4} I used the inside of the green file folder for day 4. On the left, I adhered a number cut-out scrapbooking page (was 12x12, but I trimmed down to size) and used some Stickles glitter glue to dot all the 4's on the page.

{day 4} I used a strip of the leftover transparency from day 1 in the middle of the file folder. Then I used the right side to journal about some of my handmade Christmas projects.

{day 5} I love the scrapbook paper on this page... with the little houses (so cute), this paper came in an 8x8 Christmas pad of paper that I bought at Hobby Lobby last year. Day 5 included one simple picture and a little bit of journaling describing my day at the Duluth Holiday Festival.

{day 6} The graph paper with the ornaments came from the same 8x8 pad of paper as the page I used on day 5. For day 6 I just included a simple list of some of my Christmas favorites. The cardboard part at the top is just a seasonal Starbucks' sleeve, with my #6 sticker place inside the Starbucks logo.

{day 7} I wanted to include a few pictures of our decorations around the house. (I so wish I did something like this last year when we were in our old house... maybe I can make one up for 2008... hmmm...) I just printed a few photos on my printer at home, and used my circle punches to make the little thing in the middle. I had a fun circular snowflake transparency that I overlayed in the center.

{day 8} This was a super simple layout that just included some journaling that I typed out about the meaning of Christmas. I rounded the corners (of course) and added some letter stickers to spell out the number 8.

{day 9} I just printed out my flight itinerary for my New Year's trip with the girls, since I booked my flight reservations that day. I used the same letter stickers that I used on day 8, to spell out "What are you doing new years eve?"

{day 10} Since we finished wrapping all of our presents on the 10th, I included a simple photo of the gifts, with just a little bit of journaling. Some sparkly embellishments never hurt:)

Days 11-20 coming soon...

3 comments:

Kari said...

So cute and very creative!

Jamie Kubeczka said...

Very cute! Wish I was better at being scrapbookin' crafty!

Marie@Procrastinating in Pink said...

I love it! Cute paper!