Tuesday, March 22, 2011

praying for little jack...

Amy, a very dear friend from college, called me tonight in tears. She just begged for my prayers. Her newest little baby boy, Jack, is in the hospital. Jack is their 3rd child and is only 2 months old.

He was diagnosed with RSV the other day, but now, as I type, they are testing him for meningitis. They will be taking him to Children's in Birmingham. I had no words to offer my dear friend as she cried into the phone. I could only promise her that we would pray. We would pray, pray, pray. And I would ask others to pray.

That's all I had to offer... but it is enough. It is far better than any "words of wisdom" I might blurt out. So Lance and I prayed. We were in the car on the way home from Community Group, and we just prayed.

So, now I ask you to join me... please pray for my dear friend Amy and her sweet baby boy, Jack.

"But you, Lord, are a shield around me, my glory, the One who lifts my head high. I call out to the Lord, and he answers me from his holy mountain."
-Psalm 3:3-4

9 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm praying. May the lord watch over Jack and his family.

Anonymous said...

Praying! Please keep us updated!

Nikki said...

Praying!

agroshans said...

We're praying!

molly b. said...

Praying for Amy & baby Jack & family.

The enchanted home said...

I will most certainly pray for him, so precious. Hope all is going to be fine.

Stacie Jean said...

Praying for baby Jack and his lovely parents. xoxo

Jamie Kubeczka said...

Saying a prayer for your friend.

April said...

praying. keep us updated.