Thursday, May 6, 2010

thankful thursday

This Thursday I am thankful for:

1) Thoughtful gifts. Seriously... yesterday I received some of the most thoughtful gifts ever. There is just something about knowing that someone took time out of their own busy life and thought about you... just something about knowing that they listened to the little things you said... something about knowing that you were thought of first thing in the morning. Yesterday was so wonderful, I could not have asked for a better 29th birthday. Thanks to all who helped make my day so special with your thoughtfulness.

2) Strawberries. Specifically strawberries from Osage Farms in Rabun County... these things are amazing. When I finally got home last night, I was greeted by an overflowing basket of Osage strawberries. Lance and I already ate about half the basket! Thanks so much Daphney!

3) My mom. She really is the best mom ever. Really. My mom is one of those people that always goes out of her way to make others feel special. She is my constant source of encouragement. She is one of the most optimistic people I know. She says hello to everyone... really, everyone. She prays for me. She is the most selfless person I know. Told you... she really is the best mom ever. I love you Mama... Happy Mother's Day!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

I am so happy you had a good birthday! :)

mleslie43 said...

Oh thanks sweetie, for putting me in your blog. I feel so very special! You too are such a blessing, and I am so glad you are my daughter. I love you!!