Monday, May 31, 2010

happy anniversary to us!!

So, this past Saturday Lance and I celebrated 6 years of marriage. Yep, I'm pretty sure we've got this whole marriage thing all figured out... nothin' to it... 6 years, and we're pros. We celebrated our 6 year anniversary by spending the day in Atlanta, eating dinner with good friends, and crossing something off my 30 by 30 list (more on that later).

Lance and I realized that we have known each other almost 11 years... now, that is crazy. 11 whole flippin' years. But I guess that would explain why he knows me better than anyone. He is my best friend and makes me laugh almost every day. It's crazy to think that we have known each other for so long now, but really... I can't imagine my life without him. I was crazy about him from the first time I met him (well, actually the second time... but after that I was hooked)...

1999
boy meets girl...

2000
boy & girl conveniently attend the same campus events...

2001
boy asks girl out on date...

2002
boy & girl are super cool...

2003
boy returns from a year overseas...

2004
boy proposes to girl...

2005
boy & girl enjoy their first year of marriage...

2006
girl gets smarter...

2007
boy & girl share a romantic week in Paris...

2008
boy & girl shake it on the dance floor...

2009
boy grows massively large (yet fairly impressive) beard...

2010
boy & girl are still crazy about each other...

Happy Anniversary babe... I love you!

7 comments:

Lindsey Brackett said...

Happy Anniversary! I agree, after 6 years we had it about figured out, too :) We'll celebrate 8 this July. Enjoy this wonderful time together before Spurgeon and Piper come along to steal your waking moments! jk...

Rhonda said...

Congratulations!! Wishing you many, many more!!

Garretts said...

LOVE this little photo timeline of you & Lance. If I can dig up enough photos and manage to scan them, I might steal the idea sometime. I think Josh & I have known each other for about 12 years?
Anyway, your photo captions were hilarious as usual and that last photo is such a great picture of you two!

Marti Kubena said...

So cute!! Have some kids - that will really shake up your marriage!

Amy said...

Awww...I loved this post! Sweet,sweet,sweet. Fun to look at the pictures. Congrats!

Stacie Jean said...

Cute, Cute, Cute! Happy Anniversary!!!

Courtney said...

Oh my gosh! I love this post & I love the photos! Thank you for sharing!