Tuesday, May 18, 2010

breakfast at tiffany's...

Among my weekend festivities, and in between playing with my new camera... Saturday night I made time to cozy up on the couch and watch "Breakfast at Tiffany's." I loved it.

I kind of expected that I would love it... just from the cover of the DVD and the brief description on the back. But this classic film still managed to surprise me. I think I was anticipating more of a serious romantic love story... and while, yes, there was a love story indeed, it was fun and flirty and quite humorous at parts. Audrey Hepburn's character was a mix between Sara Jessica Parker on Sex in the City and Jennifer Aniston on Along Came Polly... kind of this unorganized, sexy, fun twenty-something living life in the Big Apple. Holly Golightly is much like so many young girls today... desperately trying to figure out who they are, while hiding their insecurities behind glitz and glam. For anyone who has not yet watched this instant classic, I truly recommend it.
.
Thanks so much to a special friend who included this movie in my fun birthday package, I was finally able to cross #6 off on my 30 by 30 list. I'm thinking about continuing my classic film project and trying "My Fair Lady" next. Any other recommendations?

3 comments:

Courtney said...

I looove My Fair Lady!

John Leslie, Jr. said...

Here's my suggestions of "classics" that you (or anyone) should see:
Fiddler on the Roof
Trains, Planes and Automobiles
Death of a Salesman
The Birds

Weird, huh?

Katie said...

Love "My Fair Lady"...also "Funny Face" with Audrey Hepburn is a great one. :)