Tuesday, September 21, 2010

snail mail happiness...


Snail mail just does it for me. I'm not exactly sure what it is about it... but I love it. I love receiving it, and I love sending it.

I've mentioned it before. There is just something thrilling about spotting that one envelope in the mailbox. You know... the envelope with your address actually hand written... the envelope that shows no signs of a clear plastic window... the envelope that is yellow or red.

Well, this has been a good snail mail week... I found an adorable little post office around the corner from my house. I mean seriously, this post office is the cutest thing you've ever seen. I caught up on a few birthday cards and packages (some on time, some not-so-much). FedEx and UPS have finally figured out what "guest house" means and where to leave our packages.

Our little PO Box even saw some love this week...

Just when I had given up hope of ever finding the Ghirardelli cookies at any of my local grocery stores, a box of yummy goodness arrived from this thoughtful friend.

I also received a fun envelope from my all-time favorite blogger, Elise, stuffed with beautiful papers, tags and mini envelopes. Remember how I was thinking about signing up for Elise's BIGmini workshop? Well, I did. And it just so happened that I lucked out and was selected for a daily giveaway... hence the paper goodies:)

As if all of that wasn't awesome enough... today the FedEx man stopped by to deliver a box from this dear friend. I am never disappointed after receiving anything from Courtney and little Claire Bear. Today, it was a welcome home package with everything I need to have my new friends over for a little wine and cheese party! A bottle of Riesling (my fav), some awesome party napkins, paper plates, and the most adorable set of ceramic labels for my cheese platter!


Go ahead... send someone some snail mail. You will make their day... promise.

Happy mailing!

7 comments:

Stacie Jean said...

Cute! Cute! Cute!! I love the cheese tags =)

Garretts said...

we are kindred spirits (both with cookies & mail). that first package is going to be hard to top...but i'm already brainstorming our next snail mail project! lol!

molly b. said...

yay for you & yay for snail mail!

Claire's Momma said...

We love you so much, Goolia! We hope you are finding home and happiness in KY! Sending oodles of kissies and hugs. Xo, court and baby Claire bear
I LOVE LoVE LovE the shout-out! What a great surprise!!!!

Courtney said...

How cool is all of that? I'm loving the cheese labels and the napkins...super cute.

Jason and Jessamie said...

LOVE snail mail! i got my country living in today (i know, it's not technically a "friend") and got so excited!

jenny said...

If we all love snail much so much, why don't we snail mail to other people? I love snail mail. It means so much more than an email, message on facebook, etc.

PS- I also love cookies. And cheese.