Wednesday, April 18, 2012

party planning... and derby dreaming...


Over here in Kentucky it's officially Derby season. There are couture hats in every boutique window... Derby horses popping up all over the city... talk about Thunder... mint julep recipes swirling the internet... Yep, it's that time. During the weekend of May 5th, herds of people will dump into the city for this one spectacular weekend...

And I will be in Georgia.

And while I may not be in town for the big race this year... I am still daydreaming about how insanely awesome my Derby Party would be...

...a magical barnyard setting...

...this DIY napkin wreath...

...adorable teepees for the kiddos...

...an elegant table runner made out of duct tape...

...derby appropriate place settings...

...the derby drink itself... mint juleps...

...or how about some mint julep cupcakes...

...a clever way to keep track of your drink...

...garden inspired utensil holders...

...pretty hanging flower arrangements...

Linking up to The Vintage Apple this week for Oh, How Pinteresting. What about you?? Have you found anything pinteresting lately? Have you been planning any parties in your head??

10 comments:

mleslie43 said...

Wow, what fun! I bet one day you really WILL have this party! And I want to be at it!

Unknown said...

teepees for the kids! awesome! and love those hanging flowers. so pretty!

Have a happy Wednesday! {I have a giveaway going on & would love for you to enter.. amyreneonline.com}

Caroline said...

I love the horseshoes. That's so cute!

Lani Derrick said...

If you were having a Derby Party I would totally want an invite! looks fun:)

Erin O'Riordan said...

Mint julep cupcakes - genius.

Anonymous said...

=)great pins... love the teepee's in the yard how cute ha ha

i linked up today too =) xo

pebbz | pebbzblog.blogspot.com

Cami said...

Oh my gosh. HOW FUN! I went to the Steeplechase in Atlanta this past weekend - SO FUN!! I loved all the big hats and everything :)

Angie said...

I cant wait till Derby Day! You will find me at the track betting my horses :)

jen said...

i REALLY want to go to the kentucky derby one day. maybe in 2013!

Lindsey Brackett said...

Come see me when you are in ga! Baby Gus will be here.