Wednesday, April 25, 2012

thankful thursday {link up}


{Link up your own Thankful Thursday post below...}

This Thursday I am thankful for...

1) Sticky notes.  Weird, I know... but I practically live off of the dang things.  Whoever invented little tiny sheets of paper with a sticky strip on the back is pure genius.  I use them to jot down grocery lists, urgent reminders, songs I want to remember, appointment times, photography info, blog post ideas, etc, etc...  If it fits on a little 3x3 square of paper, I write it down on a sticky note... don't judge.

2) Seminars.  Lance and I attended an adoption seminar this past weekend (a topic that I'm sure I will share more on later) and it was SOOOO helpful.  It was great to be able to gather huge amounts of factual information, as well as hearing several personal stories of adoption.  We came home with loads of pamphlets and pages and pages of material.... ranging from private adoption, to domestic adoption, to international adoption... and a little of everything in between.  And as an added bonus... this particular seminar was absolutely free... can't beat that.

3) Passer-by friends.  I have several stories about people that were a major part of my life for certain periods of time... whether it was a season of life (high school, college, a certain job, etc) or even if it was only for a brief moment of time.  Regardless of the time or circumstances, I am so grateful that God places special friends in my life at various times.  Some of these "passer-by friends" I haven't spoken to in years, and some I keep in touch with on a regular basis.  But one, in particular, I get to see this weekend!! 


What are you thankful for this week? Grab the Thankful Thursday button from the right sidebar and link up your own post below. Be sure to visit the other Thankful Thursday participants and share the love!!

Also linking up with:

20 comments:

Fashion-isha said...

This was such a great and fun post! Have a great week!
xo
Sharon

Cami said...

Post it notes are my absolutely FAVORITE!!!!!! I adore them :)

"Passer by friends" - that's a great way to put it. God is so good :)

THanks for hosting!! oxoxo

carmen@musingnmayhem said...

Definite blessings! I have to agree on the post its... I drive my kids crazy with those. Shhhhh!
Great post! :)

Mandie said...

I, too, am addicted to Post-It notes. They're stuck everywhere at home, at work in all colours, shapes and sizes. Now - if only I actually USED the information I put on them...! Nice post :)

Mandie said...

I, too, am addicted to Post-It notes. They're stuck everywhere at home, at work in all colours, shapes and sizes. Now - if only I actually USED the information I put on them...! Nice post :)

Heather said...

I know who DIDN'T invent sticky notes, Romy & Michelle :)

yay for passerby friends, I agree completely.

Me said...

I also love post-it's - it was definitely not me who invented them !!!

Have a great day and take care !
Me

Ash said...

Ha ha ha to the post it notes comment about Romy and Michelle! I'm another post-it fan!
I love that there are so many free services in Australia. Coming from Africa, it is vastly different, and we are so blessed.
Have a lovely Thursday!

Unknown said...

I love sticky notes too! But you seemed more organized with yours than I...mine are all over the place. :)
I've seen that quote before about friends and even have it saved it my phone. I love it. Hope you have fun with your friend this weekend!

jeanne said...

This is a fun to read thankful post. The sticky notes have been the best invention for so many things.

Just reading about being thankful in general, is a lovely way to start the day.

Happy thankful days to you today.
xo, Jeanne

Dee {Strings and Buttons} said...

Definitely thankful for post-its which are peppered all over my house. And definitely thankful for friends today and at specific periods in time. God always finds a way to bring us people when we most need them. Thanks for sharing this post! x

loverofwords said...

What would we do without post-it notes, your photo is priceless, your blog too.

Flossie said...

Exciting news about the adoption seminar! Our church holds an adoption/foster parenting workshop annually. We have never attended
it, but I am curious and would love to. So excited to see what God has planned for you guys!

Lani Derrick said...

I think you might need an intervention on the post its;)

Can't wait to hear more about the seminar!

mleslie43 said...

Looks like you have "Post it Note Fever"! Maybe I will catch it,when you come here! Can't wait to hear who your passer by friend is that is coming this weekend. FUN!

Sheena said...

Post-Its and office supplies, in general, I love WAY too much! Does anyone really need a gallon size bag of Post-Its or a gallon size bag of Sharpies? No, yet I do. LOVE them!

Salena said...

Great post! I wish I could find a free seminar on adoption! That might be something we decide to explore soon, depending on what God has in store for us...

Wendy said...

I'd be lost without my post-its. Love your list... and blog!

Anna said...

Stopping by from First Day of My Life's Thankful Thursday link-up. :)

Love your list!

I love sticky notes and those little to-do/shopping lists that you can put on your fridge. They are life savers!

That seminar sounds very interesting. My husband and I hope to adopt one day.

Ms. Kathleen said...

Not sure what I would do without my sticky notes, notepads.... Funny the things we still depend on in this day of technology!