Monday, April 16, 2012

portia & brian tie the knot!! {louisville wedding photographer}


Last weekend one of my very best friends tied the knot to her very best friend. Portia and Brian had a picture-perfect lakeside wedding in beautiful Marianna, Florida. I was beyond honored that the bride and groom asked me to not only be in their bridal party, but also to photograph their special day. I've never actually photographed a wedding while in a bridesmaid dress... but there's a first for everything:)

The entire weekend was absolutely magical... every detail was carefully displayed... the weather was perfect... the food was delicious... and the bride and groom were blissfully happy... Here are some of my favorites from the day...

Portia's dress was gorgeous. I loved the simple lace detail.

Comfy shoes and a classic bouquet... both perfect for Portia... simplicity & beauty.


Amy did a great job on the bride's make-up.
(Amy did my make-up on my wedding day too... nearly 8 years ago!)


A sweet mother-daughter moment.


Portia was the most stunning bride I've ever laid eyes on.


We could not have asked for better weather... or prettier flowers:)


The look of true excitement and anticipation!


And who can blame her? Look at her handsome groom:)


Everything about her is breathtaking, no?


The bride and her girls...
(photo compliments of Melissa- thanks!!)


The groom and the guys...


Moments from walking down the aisle!!


Sneaking glances at one another during the ceremony... so sweet.


The first dance as Mr. & Mrs...


The newlyweds!


Portia and Brian making their getaway...


And they lived happily ever after...

Be sure to leave your well-wishes to the bride & groom... I'm sure they will love reading them while they are out gallivanting on their 3 week New Zealand honeymoon!! (I know, jealous much?)

Congratulations Brian & Portia!! Thank you so much for allowing me to be a part of your special day. I love you guys!

10 comments:

Angie said...

What a beautiful wedding! Your right, the bride looked stunning. Wishing the happy couple many blessed years together. Oh and New Zealand, so jealous!!

mleslie43 said...

Thanks Portia and Brian for letting me be a part of your big day! Absolutely loved it!!

Salena said...

Congratulations to Portia and Brian! I love all the photos. I think my favorites are the one taken during the ceremony, and then the one where they are looking over their shoulders.

Katie said...

what beautiful pictures! and I LOVE her dress - gorgeous!!!

Rachel said...

Beautiful job Julia - I want to see the trial of jumping : 0. My favorite is the one they are looking over their shoulders. Maybe Toms would pay you for some advertisement ! Thanks for always making me laugh till it hurts ... At the wedding- not the photos : ) baha.

Vo/Mom said...

Thank you! Thank you! Julia, your pictures and commentary creatively capture so many wonderful moments in Portia's special day. I'm looking forward to seeing more! Love your blog :-)

Abigail said...

Soooo excited for Portia! She deserves happiness for ever after! She was truly a beautiful bride!

Garretts said...

love it! my fav is the one of Portia's excited face.

lovely bride & captured oh so lovely as well

April said...

love them all! portia looked beautiful! great job again!

Pam said...

What a Beautiful Wedding! I had
the pleasure of attending
the Special Event, and was blown
away by how GORGEOUS Portia was! She looked so happy, and the
pictures were awesome!