Tuesday, April 10, 2012

color my world challenge {decor week}


Last Tuesday I told you guys about the Color My World Challenge... and how over the next few weeks I will be incorporating mustard yellow into our home.

Well... this week is decor week. We were challenged to use our color in some type of home decor item. And we went all out over at our house with a beautiful wool area rug. I.am.in.love.with.this.rug.

We actually kind of cheated... we purchased this rug about a week before I even know the Color My World Challenge even existed... but this rug was the clencher for the mustard yellow color selection. We had been living rug-less ever since we moved into our new rental 9 months ago. Here is what we were working with before...
Oh... so you've noticed a couple of other changes, have you?? I promise a living room update post soon. But in the meantime here's what we are working with now... inspiration rug and all...

What about you? Are you participating in the Color My World Challenge? Have you been making any color changes in your home? Be sure to visit some of the other bloggers listed below to see what color changes they are making in their own home...

19 comments:

Julia Ryan said...

I totally see why you chose mustard. That rug is awesome and really elevates your whole look to a new level! Great job!

Crazy Wonderful said...

I'm absolutely loving that rug, and all your other changes too! I wouldn't have recognized it as the same space!

Tiffany said...

That rug is beautiful. Where did you get it? It's always so hard to find rugs, especially at a decent price point (not sure if yours is, but just saying).

Hyphen Interiors said...

I LOVE that rug!! Looking awesome - great choices on coffee table, sectional, etc! Awesome.

Jessamie {Bird and Branch Redesign} said...

Nicely done, missy! The rug rocks, and I spy an amazing new coffee table too! Can't wait for you to share the details!

Cassie Bustamante said...

it looks awesome! what a great rug! can't wait to see the rest! bring on the mustard!

Shari said...

The rug is gorgeous! Love the pop of mustard.

Lani Derrick said...

Great rug and totally digging the new sofa!

Like Me Some said...

Wow a new rug! Now that is exciting and it is beautiful! It transforms the space!!!

Lisa @ Lisa Moves said...

That rug is fantastic--what great colors! Where is it from?

Angie said...

That rug is gorgeous!!!!

Suzy www.savedbysuzy.blogspot.com said...

The rug is perfect! It adds so much to your room.

Ange said...

I am drooling over that rug, what a beauty! That looks amazing in your living room with the cart coffee table and your new couch! Nice job!

mleslie43 said...

Cool Julia! Even though I was actually IN your living room, I just now realized that the coffee tables are two totally different tables. Did you pick this one up at the cool antique store you showed us?? Clever!

Connie @ Sensible-Redesign said...

Love the color you chose. The rug is really pretty. Also the new coffee table and couch are pretty spectacular as well.

Salena said...

I adore this rug! It really pulls the room together nicely!

Tiffany @ {Living Savvy} said...

This rug is FABULOUS!!! I love it! Great choice!

Cami said...

Looks SO fun!! Love all the photos :) Glad you had nice weather when you cane to FL!

Vista Stores said...

Yesterday, I come to know about Color My World Challenge by Perfectly Imperfect Blog. I have decided to be a part of this challenge at any cost! I have very strong reason to be here. Because, I’m publishing home decor blog and wanted to publish this challenge on my blog. Just have a look at my latest blog post, I’m too much happy to re-publish list with some additional inputs. I’m looking forward for your valuable reply & what you think about it?

http://vistastores.blogspot.com/2012/04/color-my-world-challenge-have-look-at.html