Sunday, December 30, 2012

a few of my favorite things...

I received quite a few stellar gifts this year for Christmas, many of which will be favorites for years to come.  Some of my absolute favorites this year were...

...my new Pyrrha necklace...
Last Christmas Lance introduced me to my first Pyrrha necklace, and I've been obsessed ever since.  If you've never heard of it, you must go check out their website pronto and read about their jewelry.  Most of their pieces are made from old 18th and 19th century wax seals... all having different meanings.  Last year Lance gave me the Five Fleur de Lys pendent, to represent our new chapter in Louisville.  This year Lance gave me the Devotion Talisman pendant, to represent his faithfulness and devotion in our marriage.  I love it.

...my new bracelets... 
I was seriously spoiled in the jewelry department this year.  In addition to the necklace that Lance gave me, my wrist got some serious attention as well:)  My parents gave me the James Avery Twisted Wire bangle bracelet that was on my wish list.  Then my Dad surprised me with yet another James Avery bracelet... the Animals of the Ark bangle (I've always loved this bracelet).  Then my sister gave me an awesome red threaded bracelet handmade by a local Birmingham artist, that I will likely never take off. Then finally I also received a beautiful gold heirloom bracelet from my Nana.  My Nana recently started the tradition of giving each of her granddaughters a piece of jewelry from her very own collection each Christmas.  I love this idea... and these pieces have quickly become some of my most treasured items.

...my cozy Under Armor cowl...
I've been kind of obsessed with cozy scarves and cowls (or infinity scarves) lately.  It might be a problem actually.  Did you know that Under Armor even made such a thing?!?  Me either!  Not only is it super functional (perfect for working out and running in the cold) but it's cute too!!  My goal is to actually do some form of physical exercise while wearing it.

...my Toms wool cordones...
I got the burgundy toms from my Christmas wish list... and have not been disappointed in the slightest.  They are perfect for winter... cozy wool on the outside and flannel lining on the inside.  I've pretty much been wearing them everyday since Christmas:)

...my Gap green skinnies...
Yep. Got 'em.  Also from my wish list this year, I got the Gap green skimmer jeans I've been eyeing for a while now.  They are a super fun addition to my winter wardrobe and I know they will transition seamlessly into Spring once the weather warms up.

...our very own handmade woodwork...
Made by my very own DAD!!  My dad is a business man by day, but over the past year or so, he has become an incredibly talented woodsman.  He makes beautiful bowls and platters, and some of the most intricate ink pens I've ever seen.  This year, he made this custom piece just for Lance... well, I'm claiming part of this gift as well, since it says "Black" and not "Lance":)  My dad is so gifted!  (check out his etsy website here)  

We received some awesome gifts this year... but I am most thankful for the true gift of Christmas.  All of these material things will come and go, but Christ is forever.  I am so grateful that we were able to celebrate the true meaning of Christmas with our families this year.  As the holidays begin to come to a close and the presents are all unwrapped... I'm reminded that there is one special gift that I receive daily...

"Because of the Lord's great love 
  we are not consumed,
  for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
  great is your faithfulness."
          -Lamentations 3:22-23

7 comments:

Marci Smith said...

Awww, I love all of your goodies! Mostly, I love the verse you posted. I am so thankful to Jesus for His love and compassion each day. :)
Xoxo

Anonymous said...

This list is great :) Also, I'm not even really sure that I knew that cowl was a word, let alone the fact that under armor made them, very cool.

Unknown said...

Love the bracelets and the "Black" engraving! We've had such a blessed Christmas, too, and there's more to come this afternoon! God is so good. Thanks for the lovely reminder of our most wonderful and lasting Gift. Love you!

Unknown said...

Nice haul! I love the green skinny jeans. I never used to wear colored pants, but this year I've gotten a bunch of colored jeans. My favorite pair is neon pink. :)

sagegrayson.com

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love meaningful gifts? So much more special.

Did not know you had a tattoo on your wrist. Is it a dove? I've always wanted one of those.

Angie said...

I love that Under Armour Cowl! I did not know they made such a thing.

mleslie43 said...

Wow, a very cool Christmas! And love your Lamentations verse! We can't ever forget the true gift of Christmas. Thank you for reminding us.