Friday, December 21, 2012

it's begining to look a lot like...

CHRISTMAS!!!  Can you believe that Christmas is just 4 days away??  We had our house pretty much decorated right after Thanksgiving, and I absolutely LOVE coming home to sparkly Christmas tree lights.  I love sitting in the living room at night just soaking up all that twinkle!

Our decorations this year are pretty similar to last year's.  A few changes here and there... but for the most part, simple and traditional...

Santa made his reappearance in the mossy tray... this time on the coffee table.

Brown paper packages tied up in string... this year our wrapping consisted of mostly browns and blues.

The mantle is pretty simple again this year... a little bit of garland and a few containers of candy.  You can never go wrong with candy.

The Snow Village probably ended up being one of my favorites this year.  I'm not quite sure what made it different than year's past... I love how it added just a touch more twinkle.

We even got the little figure skater out this year:)  I think the gold trees were a nice addition too.  Magical, isn't it?

A few Christmas reads along with the best smelling candle ever.  Love that Christmas tree smell.

I dusted off my handmade vintage book wreath from a few years ago and am absolutely LOVING it with the blue satin ribbon.  I am really digging the natural blues and browns this year.

And how cute is my tiny little bird wreath?!?!  Lance totally made fun of me for this one, but I adore it!!  I made this with a few leftover branches from the bottom of the tree and some jewelry wire I had on hand... super easy.

The Willow Tree nativity set is in the exact same place as last year... and I still love it.

My mother-in-law found this awesome vintage Christmas tree candle holder a while back, but this is the first year I've been able to use it.  Isn't it awesome?  I finally bought some candlesticks to fill it up... you should see how amazing it looks when it's all lit up!

The purple tree is in the guest room again, and still looks amazing with all it's purple-ness:)

I added my favorite childhood decoration to the guest room this year too.  This piece belonged to my grandparents and I would always play with it when I visited them for the holidays.  If you turn the little Christmas tree, it plays music... Here Comes Santa Clause, I believe... and I would just sit and listen and watch for hours.  I love it on these little shelves.

The Christmas cards found a new spot this year... and I'm a huge fan.  In year's past I've used my Pier One vertical card rack (which I still love), but it's all the way in my kitchen.  I love the idea of an entire Christmas card wall... I love that I get to see my friend's smiling faces everyday as I go up the stairs:)  I'm totally planning on leaving these up through January too.

So there you have it.  That's pretty much our Christmas decor for this year... small and simple.  Merry, merry Christmas!!

4 comments:

Connie @ Sensible-Redesign said...

It all looks so festive Julia! Have a wonderful Holiday ;)

The enchanted home said...

Looking good! I can see Christmas is alive and well over there, love all your touches and your giftwrap is amazing!!
Merry Christmas and happy 2013!

ThistleAshD said...

That vintage tree candle holder is amazing!

mleslie43 said...

Love your house Julia! Sorry you didn't have more time to spend in it... maybe into January a little bit??