Friday, March 22, 2013

top 10 :: things i will miss about my job

Today is my last day of work at my current job.  Last.day.  So crazy to me.  I have been with this company for 5+ years... which is a pretty long time according to my resume.  I have been working for a German plastics manufacturing company... and before you roll your eyes and think about how utterly boring that must be... let me just say that I've had some pretty rad experiences over the past several years... not to mention, I've learned a lot about plastic.

And while I am super excited about my new job and what's in store for the future, there's definitely a lot I will miss about this job.  Such as...

1) Fro-yo lunch dates.
I mean, it's frozen yogurt... for lunch... with these girls.  What's not to miss?

2) My monthly mani/pedis.
I've created a habit of getting mani/pedis only when I'm in Atlanta traveling for work... mainly because I had nothing better to do besides sit at my hotel... and what better way to pass the time than to get pampered?

3) My boss and his wife.
I had a great working relationship with my boss.  He and his wife treated me more like family and I am very grateful for both of them.  I'm quite certain we will stay in touch.

4) Birthday lunches at Mambo Italiano.
Somewhere along the lines, birthday lunches at this favorite Italian restaurant became a tradition... a tradition that I will dearly miss.

5) This girl.
So grateful for this friendship... and so glad that her sales territory just happens to include Kentucky:)

6) This girl.
One of my very favorites.  Noticing a trend?  These girls are what I will miss most, no doubt.

7) The very serious work environment.
We laughed practically every single day at the office... some days it's what got me through to 5:00.

8) Trips to Germany and my awesome German co-workers.
I also made some really great friends across the pond.  My trips to Germany were always a blast because of the kind generosity of my German co-workers. 

9) Chipotle.
Need I say more?  Thank goodness they finally opened one here in Louisville.  They must have known I would soon be suffering from withdrawals. 

 10) This.
No further explanation needed.

Bye, bye to this chapter...  And hello, next chapter!!

5 comments:

Stacie Jean said...

I love you to the moon and back! Best wishes on your new position. I'm so thankful I'll still see you on my visits through Kentucky. So many good times and laughter the last few years. So thankful. PS It's about time Louisville. Date night there soon! xxoo

Kim said...

How fun that you have developed so many great relationships from your job; I am so fortunate too that my coworkers are like family. Best wishes to you in your new endeavor!

mleslie43 said...

Wow! Sounds like an era of your life that will always be treasured! What can be better than that. Let's see what great things will be happening in the next few chapters!

ThistleAshD said...

its always so hard to end one phase because of the relationships! that's the part i always struggle with. i try to remind myself that i will make new friends in the next phase of life, but the ends are still hard...

Anonymous said...

What a great post!! So many wonderful things. And now think, if you go back and visit you just get to hang out and don't have to work :)