Monday, January 2, 2012

2011... a year in review

2011 literally flew by. Like on a plane... or on any number of the planes we traveled on this year. This year shall be called the year-of-travel. Some months were a blur of exciting trips and experiences, while others were filled with trips to the office, and others were spent photographing weddings in various states. It was a little chaotic at times and definitely exhausting... but.I.wouldn't.trade.it.for.the.world.

In January Lance took me to a Colts game so I could cross off one of my 30 by 30 list items.


We experienced LOTS and LOTS of snow.


In March Jenna came to visit for another closet swap.


I set up a tent and slept under the stars in March to cross off another 30 by 30 item.


We also had a bit of rain in March and April... just a tad... enough to flood the Ohio River right by our house.


In April I hosted my first-ever craft party. It.was.awesome.


In April we also had our first Thunder Over Louisville experience.


I also experienced my first ever Balloon Glow in April. Sadly this was the closest I came to a hot air balloon ride before my 30th birthday.


In May I entered my dreaded thirties... okay, okay... they're not quite as bad as I thought they would be. I received lots of sweet wishes from loved ones near and far helping to soften the blow.


In June I flew out to Houston for a wedding weekend extravaganza... with bridal showers and bachelorette parties galore. (woop! woop!)


Then Lance's brother and his wife came to visit us in Kentucky and we took them out for a tour at the Woodford Reserve bourbon distillery.


In July we went on an amazing Alaskan cruise with 16 family members...


There were mountains and glaciers galore... Alaska is GINORMOUS, people.


We made the move into our new (old) rental house as soon as we returned from our cruise.


At the end of July we headed to Georgia for the Black family reunion... which never disappoints.


In August I stood by my little sister as she said her vows and tied the knot with the handsome Mr. Chris McAnnally.


Then I hosted my second craft night... this time with an 80's theme. (think puff paint and friendship bracelets:)


In September we went on an incredible trip to Aachen, Germany to attend the wedding of a very dear friend.


Lance's mom and her husband Hayward came to visit us in September too. We toured the Jim Beam distillery and showed them some of our favorite Louisville spots.


In October I headed to Columbus, GA to spend a weekend with my favorite college girlfriends.



And finally, in December we spent time in Houston with my family.

2011 was a whirlwind of a year for us... with LOTS and LOTS of travel. I eventually lost track of the number of planes I've been on this year. 2011 was nothing short of AMAZING, but we are looking forward to all that 2012 has to offer...

TWENTY-TWELVE... bring it...

3 comments:

Caroline said...

What a fun recap! I am still in awe by your trip to Alaska!

The enchanted home said...

Wow you have had some year!! Love the pics of you and Lance, you are the poster child for a couple in love! Happy 2012!!

Matt, Carrie, Lucy and Molly Allen said...

it was so good to see you for a few brief moments this weekend!