Wednesday, September 21, 2011

the cologne love lock bridge...


There is a beautiful bridge in Cologne, Germany... a bridge you can see sparkle in the sunlight from miles away... a bridge that shows that love can still stand the test of time. It's called the Hohenzollernbruecke Bridge (try saying that 3 times fast... or heck, try saying that at all). The bridge is covered in "love locks" ...and I mean covered. Couples come from all over to express their love to one another and place their lock on the bridge. We couldn't leave Cologne without leaving our own "love locks" on the bridge...

{Lance engraving the lock we purchased}

{Lance & Julia 9-14-11}

{deciding on the perfect spot}

{sealed with a kiss}

{Lance handing me one of the keys}

{tossing our keys into the Rhine River... this is for real people:) }

{Jenna & Chris}

{mom & dad}

{a kiss for good luck}

So, if you ever make it to Cologne, Germany... be sure to lock your love to the bridge, and look for our lock... I'm sure you'll see it:)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so cool!

Melissa Jo said...

That is seriously one of the coolest things I have ever seen. It is definitely going on my list of things to do once I get married!

Garretts said...

love this! the photos of each couple are adorable. so neat!

Shari said...

That is an awesome idea. Love it. The photos of you and your hubby are so cute, and your parents are adorable. I love couples that have been married a long time, it melts my heart.

Vivian said...

How great you got to partake of that tradition. Kind of like the love notes in Juliet's home in Verona, except I REALLY like this one better. SO CUTE!

Anne @ Modern Mrs Darcy said...

This makes me sad that I just waved to the Cologne cathedral from the train and never got off of it, last time I was in Germany :( What a cool story and beautiful photo of all those locks!

Özer Utku said...

Great place. Love locks on the Rhine River, the Dom Cathedral, Hohenzollern Bridge is a breathtaking sight. Yesterday I visited and shared here.