Thursday, September 15, 2011

thankful thursday {link up}

{link up your own Thankful Thursday post below}

This Thursday I am thankful for:

1) Breathtaking history. Oh.my.goodness. Anytime I am ever in Europe, I am always amazed at all of the gorgeous architecture. The cathedrals here absolutely take my breath away. This is the famous Cologne Cathedral...simply stunning, right? It is the world's largest gothic structure and the stained glass windows are nothing short of magic.



2) Amazing hosts. We are here to celebrate the wedding of a very dear friend... the bride was actually my family's exchange student when I was 12, and lived with us for almost a year. And while her wedding day is only a few days away, she and her family have been absolutely amazing hosts... taking us to Cologne, cooking dinner for us, introducing us to their favorite pub, and showing us all around Aachen. I mean, it's not like they have a wedding to prepare for or anything:) (photo: Lance & the bride's mother)

3) Incredible German food. I have had some of the best food in my entire life this past week. On our first night here, we had the best homemade pork roast and dumplings I have ever tasted. I'm not kidding when I say I went to bed thinking about the food. No, seriously.

What are you thankful for this week? Share your own Thankful Thursday post below... be sure to visit everyone on the list and share the love...



8 comments:

Candice said...

Sounds like you're having a great time!

Cami said...

May I come to Europe with you...please? :) That's why I love Europe so much - all of the history!! I want to go back soooo bad!!

Great photos!

<3-Cami from First Day of My Life

Connie @ Sensible-Redesign said...

YUM that food looks and sounds amazing. Have a great time!

Shari said...

Sounds like you are enjoying yourselves. Have a fabulous trip!

Jennifer Dawn McLucas said...

Looks like a fabulous trip! Beautiful photos!!!

Amber said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, I just started following yours as well. Thankful Thursdays was such a fun post to do I'll definitely have to link up again next week :)

lisaplus6 said...

beautiful photos!!! looks like a wonderful time! i loved hopping to all of the blogs and reading your for the first time today :) what a great evening find..... i linked up, too....

Jamie Kubeczka said...

Hope your having a fabulous time on your trip! Can't wait to see your photos!