Monday, October 22, 2012

31 days of change :: day 22 {changing my mindset}

I debated over and over again if I should even talk about the home during my '31 days of change' series... I mean, what makes a house a home anyways?  I know, I know... "home is where the heart is" and all that mushy stuff... but come on... let's be honest... I still desire a beautiful home.  It doesn't have to be big and fancy and all that, but I'm not going to pretend that I don't want a home that is cozy and welcoming.

Currently we have an offer on a house... we've had an offer on a house for over 2 months now.  Rumor has it, we might actually close on the house before the end of the month... I'm not holding my breath.  But regardless... we are currently living in limbo... in this weird awkward stage of hoping we are moving soon, but not really able to do anything about it.  We have empty boxes saved up in our garage... but yet, we don't really want to start boxing things up yet... for fear that something falls through.  But on the other hand, we are so unmotivated to fix things up around our current house... because we keep thinking we'll be moving soon.

If "home is where the heart is," why does it feel like my heart is already in the new house??  I've been day dreaming about renovation plans and wall colors for the new house... but I can't seem to muster up enough motivation to simply do laundry in the current house.  I don't want to work on any new craft projects, for fear that the moment I get out all of my supplies, I'll have to just box them away.  Why should I dust the furniture, if we'll just be loading it up on a moving truck?

See.  I'm stuck.  I need to bring my heart back to where home currently is... not to where home hopefully will be.  Home is where you are... right now.  It doesn't mean you have to stay there... but you might as well make the best of it while you are there.

-----------
For the month of October I'm doing a 31-day series on "change."  Go here to see the full line-up of "change" posts.

No comments: