Monday, October 8, 2012

31 days of change :: day 8 {changing habits}

There are two kinds of habits... bad habits... and good habits.  We usually want to do more of something or less of something... start something or quit something.  Quit an old habit... start a new habit... you get the picture.

It's those little everyday habits (the good and the bad) that essentially make up our daily routines.  Whether we like it or not, our habits often convey our priorities. 

Here are a few habits that I'm wanting to change...

1) Spend more time studying God's word.

2) Go to sleep earlier.

3) Read more.

4) Spend less time on social networking sites.

5) Eat out less.

6) Don't give in to impulse purchases.

7) Drink more water.

8) Protect my personal time.

9) Compliment people more.

10) Make the bed.

There you have it.  A few habits that I want to change... I realize that several of these habits will take weeks (if not months) to form... and all of them require a bit more of a plan.  But for now, in order to honor the start of habit #2... I'm going to bed:)

-----------
 For the month of October I'm doing a 31-day series on "change."  Go here to see the full line-up of "change" posts.

4 comments:

Anna said...

I can relate to many of these. Good luck! :)

Anonymous said...

I also can relate with many of these, especially #9 - complimenting people more.

& I think one way to do that is to use people's names more often when talking TO them. There's some psychological theory that when addressed by our name, we respond more positively, feel more elated/happy. AND, I think it makes us feel more important to that person - not so generic - it's a conversation meant to be had with ME, not just anyone.

Marci Smith said...

I think you popped inside of my head and grabbed these!! I can so relate to ALL of them. :-). Xoxo

Anonymous said...

It occured to me that you could also do a post on songs about Change. If that's your thing :)