Friday, October 5, 2012

31 days of change :: day 5 {overwhelming change}


The whole reason why I even decided that I could blog for thirty-one straight days about "change" is because we are currently in the midst of a lot of it.

No really... like, A LOT.

Like, absolutely-paralyzing-stress-you-out-to-the-max-ridiculous-but-awesome-life-altering-overwhelming-change.

Okay, okay... maybe I'm being a tad over dramatic... but the above statement pretty accurately describes how I have been feeling lately.  We are clumsily learning how to navigate our way through the adoption process... buying & renovating a home... job transitions... financial changes... all of which feel like extremely major changes.

And they are.

But they are also extremely exciting changes.

And every single day when I start to doubt that God has a plan for us, He proves to me {over and over again} that He is faithful to take care of his children.  I am continually awestruck by His never-ending love and patience with me.  It doesn't matter how many times I fall prey to my own anxiety and fear... He consistently provides for me over and over again.

But that's the beauty of it all...  We serve a constant God, in an ever-changing world.  His promises are true forever.  No matter how overwhelming our changes feel, God's love for me is even more overwhelming.  And there is great rest in that.

-----------
 For the month of October I'm doing a 31-day series on "change."  Go here to see the full line-up of "change" posts.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Love this post....we too are in the midst of possible change and I am so afraid. It is going to require a step out in faith...and the consequences if it fails make me not want to steo out...you know?! I haven't been able to blog about it really b/c our decisions would affect my current employer (who reads my blog...) so I have had to keep quiet...but my husband started his own company about 5 months ago and it has exploded. Which is fantastic...but he almost can't do the work by himself anymore and wants me to come and work with him....but the fear is what if he doesn't make enough to cover both our salaries?? What if he has a really slow winter and then we are in trouble? The what ifs kill me!! Sorry to vent here....just trying to pray for God's CLEAR direction on what we should do!! Have a wonderful weekend!!

Lindsey Brackett said...

I'm excited to hear about your changes and God's provision for them all.