Saturday, October 27, 2012

31 days of change :: day 27 {changing seasons & ingredients}

It was in the 70's on Thursday... then in the 40's yesterday... and then the low tonight is 39*.  Thirty.nine.flippin.degrees people.  That is cold.  I'm not quite mentally prepared for the weather shift... but I am pretty freakin' excited about the holiday seasons around the corner.

So excited, in fact, that I think I'll be making some of these:

Pumpkin spice cookies... aka, the best cookies in the world.


All you need are these 3 ingredients: {1 box of Spice Cake mix :: 1 can of Pure Pumpkin (not to be confused with pumpkin pie filling) :: 1 container of Cream Cheese icing}

Combine the Spice Cake mix with the can of Pure Pumpkin...

Put some elbow grease in it and you should eventually get something that looks like this...

Plop out some big spoonfulls onto a couple of cookie sheets. {I decided to make cookies, but Tales From the Fairy Dust and Chicago Cuisine both did theirs cake-style... whatever suits your fancy.}


Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 12-15 minutes. {They should feel slightly firm to the touch.}


Let these bad boys cool down for a while, then slather them up in Cream Cheese icing.

If your feeling a little adventurous, go ahead and give them a little cinnamon shake-down.

Then, find a comfy spot at the table (or counter top) and enjoy your not-so-hard labor.

Go ahead... have another. I won't tell.


-----------
 For the month of October I'm doing a 31-day series on "change."  Go here to see the full line-up of "change" posts.

2 comments:

Angie said...

This weather is killing me! I have coughed until I think I might be missing a lung. I'm TOTALLY NOT ready for cold weather. I am truly dreading it so bad.

Marci Smith said...

Yummers! Those look delicious. :-)