Wednesday, October 3, 2012

31 days of change :: day 3 {wardrobe change}

We are on the brink of Fall... and I love this time of year.  The shift in weather... the vibrant colors... the smell of pumpkin pie... oh, and the cozy cardigans and boots:)  Nothing says 'change of season' quite like a 'change of clothes.'

Here's what I was wearing at the office in the beginning of August...

And here's what I was wearing at the office just the other day...

I love that simple shift... the one where you go from tank tops to cardigans... from sandals to flats... from linen to corduroy... from bare legs to leggings...

But how do you make that subtle change from summer into early fall without updating your entire wardrobe??  You re-work what you already have!

...add tights to your favorite pair of summer shorts...  {image}


...wear that bright summer scarf with your fall riding boots... {image}


...layer a cozy sweater over that awesome floral skirt... {image}


...add an autumn-toned cardi to pair with that summer nautical dress...  {image}


How are you changing your wardrobe to fit the season?  I'd love to hear any thrifty ideas you have for extending your summer favorites...

Linking up to the Pleated Poppy

-----------
 For the month of October I'm doing a 31-day series on "change."  Go here to see the full line-up of "change" posts.

10 comments:

hillary c. said...

I think we need to find me the 2 sweaters that are in the bottom 2 pictures.

mleslie43 said...

I am packing for my trip to Kansas City which is cooler than Houston so this was perfect for me today to help me pack! Thanks Julia!

Lani Derrick said...

Your outfits are adorable!

lori said...

i am dying over that green skirt with the bow!! it is sooo cute, where did find that little lovely?

Anonymous said...

Love these tips! I've transitioned already, and I love it! However, you know how Kentucky weather is....it was in the 60's yesterday and will be in the 80's tomorrow. After Im dressing for fall, I hate to wear sandals...I just cant. Lol.

Aroha @ Colours of Sunset said...

I have wardrobe envy. You have the cutest outfits and always look so well put together!

Chrystina said...

Tights and shorts. I like this a lot.

The Serena Saga said...

This time of year does get my creative juices flowing. The merging of two seasons can be a little challenging. I love the ideas you came up with! Visiting from WIWW, and I'm now your newest follower. Can't wait to see what's next!

xx
Serena
http://theserenasaga.blogspot.com

Lindsay said...

Love all the green in those outfits. The second is my fave though. So very chic.

Melaina25 said...

I love all your layers and obviously green is your colour :)

Hope to see you linked up at What I Wore Wednesday Just grab the badge or link and comment and you're good to go!