Wednesday, October 10, 2012

thankful thursday {link up}


{Link up your own Thankful Thursday post below...}

This Thursday I am thankful for...
1) A reason to dress up.  And a really good reason, at that!  Tomorrow night is the annual Scarlet Hope Gala and Lance and I will be attending this year!  Scarlet Hope is an amazing ministry in Louisville that is very dear to my heart.  Scarlet Hope ministers to women in the adult entertainment industry... visiting hundreds of girls at the dance clubs each week, serving them meals and sharing the love of Christ with them.  It is truly an incredible ministry with a powerful message.  You can read more about Scarlet Hope here.

2) Cozy girls night in.  Last night was deemed girls night in... dinner, drinks, some classy television (Pretty Little Liars, Season 1), and some cozy blankets on the couch.  To me, this is the best kind of girls night... low-key and good company:)


3) Family.  Lance and I have been pretty overwhelmed with all of our life changes going on right now... but I am so thankful that we have such an amazing support system.  Sometimes I take family for granted... but I am so, so grateful that both Lance and I have family that constantly love and encourage us... in the good times and the overwhelming times.

What are you thankful for this week? Grab the Thankful Thursday button from the right sidebar and link up your own post below. Be sure to visit the other Thankful Thursday participants and share the love!!

Also linking up with:

4 comments:

isaac and jenny said...

So jealous you are going to the Gala! Take some awesome pictures!

See you in a little bit!

Ryan said...

I'm convinced that girls' night can solve almost any problem. :)

(And I love those shoes!)

mleslie43 said...

Love that you are celebrating Scarlet Hope, what an amazing ministry. Love the family photo of us... I am stealing it and re-posting.
Thanks Julia!

Allie said...

What a great reason to dress up!!! That's a wonderful cause!!! Some hot cocoa sounds great!!! It needs to cool off around here!!!