Tuesday, October 9, 2012

31 days of change :: day 9 {attitude change}

Attitude change.

I've gone back and forth a few dozen times trying to decide if I wanted to include this post in my 31 days of change lineup. 

Why, you ask?

Well... mainly because most days I have a crappy attitude.

There.  I said it.  And who really wants to talk about their crappy attitude to all of blogland?  I mean, seriously.

I am not always kind to my husband.  I complain to my friends.  I roll my eyes when talking to a customer service representative.  I partake in office gossip.  I mutter sarcastic comments about so-and-so's facebook status.  And the list could go on...

Some days I do a really great job of disguising my crappy attitude... and some days... not so much.  I'll try to throw in a compliment for every complaint, or a kind word for every sarcastic comment... hoping to use my master-trickery-good-versus-bad-attitude-voo-doo-magic to fool all of you into thinking that I have an awesome attitude.

Well, the gig's up.  I need an attitude change... pretty much every.single.day.  It's a work-in-progress... but we're working on it.

"Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy- think about such things.  Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me- put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you."
          -Philippians 4:8-9

----------
 For the month of October I'm doing a 31-day series on "change."  Go here to see the full line-up of "change" posts.

2 comments:

The Spiveys said...

Thanks for being real, Julia! I, too, need an attitude change almost every day of my life :) My tongue gets the best of me 9 times out of 10, but I have recently become convinced that the battle is worth fighting! Loving your posts on change!

Demetrius and Amy said...

i love this and i love you...